Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Seasons

Every year I find my self looking to the future seasons. I love the one I'm currently experiencing, but there is always something to look forward to.

Right now for example, in the 100+ degree Southern summer, I'm enjoying the fireflies, the fresh produce, the longer days, the sunshine, the memories of carefree summers gone by; but I'm actively awaiting the cooler autumn days. I'm excited for hot spiced (and spiked) apple cider, pumpkin treats, cooler nights, spending time by the fire, camping, friends hanging out in the cooler night air...and the holidays to come.

I'm very much the kind of person that loves to be around a group of friends, always wanting to entertain, always wanting to cook for people. Fall embodies that mindset to me. You've got weekly football games to watch, cooler weather to be out in, camping, sitting around the fire pit, weekend hiking... And then the ultimate of friend and family time, the holidays. Thanksgiving, Christmas (or whichever religious holiday you celebrate), and New Years.

I'm not wishing away the time now, well, maybe I'm wishing for the time to pass until I can fully start my Kitty's Vintage venture (30 days and counting!), but I'm enjoying the summer and looking forward to the fall and the cooler weather to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment