Wednesday, April 25, 2012

my personal style

i like to refer to myself as having style schizophrenia.  one day i'll be casual in modern jeans and a cute tee or vintage polyester top and the next day i'll be dressed as a housewife in a 1950s shirt dress.  but right now, my style inspiration has been very bohemian/gypsy/hippie.  long, flowy, loose, natural.  here are a few pictures of my current inspiration:







but if i'm ever faced with a dress like this:


or WOW, this:


you know i wouldn't be able to pass it up.  the timeless looks of elegance and sophistication are such inspiration!

as i said, it changes from day to day, but thats what style does, it constantly changes and once you find a look you like, stick with it!  my style is vintage, whether that's 40s or 70s, it just depends on the day!

3 comments:

  1. Love your style! I can relate, too. I feel like I like so many different styles from now and from the past. I need to find a good place in Huntsville to get vintage clothes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I just saw you sell vintage clothes, too. I'll be checking out your site!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi faith! thanks for stopping by! besides my online store i know of another good place for vintage clothes, it's called karma rags. it's located 2211 Seminole Dr. it's a big old textile mill, very awesome building. i have a studio across the hall with my friend, so i'd recommend coming on saturday from 12-4, it's the artist's market and there are all sorts of fun things to look at, and of course vintage clothes!

      i don't have any of my clothes there, but if you find something online that you'd like to see in person and try on, i can certainly bring it there!!

      hope to see you saturday!

      Delete