Monday, May 23, 2011

Movie Monday: She Went to the Races

Today I watched "She Went to the Races" from 1945 starring James Craig, Frances Gifford and Ava Gardner.




Ava Gardner was the only actor I'd heard of, but I hadn't seen any of her movies. This was kind of a funny movie in that Dr. Ann Wotters (Frances Gifford) and 3 others tried to scientifically figure out which horse would win races depending on weather, wind, dirt vs. mud, time of day... this all played well to my engineering side. It reminded me of projects in college!




There was the classic struggle for love between Hilda (Ava Gardner), a beautiful socialite and Ann, the brilliant scientist. Both were vying for the attention of Steven (James Craig), who was a horse owner and racer.








This movie didn't keep my attention like some do, but all in all, it was pretty good. The costumes looked amazing, I just wish it was in color so I could have seen what they really looked like! But the shapes and the gloves and hats were so feminine and pretty.




Have you seen the movie? What did you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Thanks for this blog. I would like to see the film. Did you happen to record it?

    ReplyDelete